At this year’s ‘Community Natural Resource Management Awards’ in the Goulburn Broken Catchment, our Network’s achievements were recognized. The SRCMN was awarded the Community Natural Resource Management Network Award for 2014-15.
In the last year-and-a-half our Network has conducted a number of diverse projects that, together, culminated in a significant achievement for the Network and it’s landholder community. Projects include:
- Farm Wetlands for Woodlands
- Wetlands and Woodlands & Carbon Landscapes
- Nest Boxes for Wildlife
- Mt Battery’s Striped Legless Lizards
- Bush tucker field day
- Landscape/geology discovery days
- Strathbogie Butterfly Festival
- Meet the neighbours
- Walking tracks in the Ranges
Of course, these projects would have amounted to little if not for the collaboration of so many landholders and communities in and around the Strathbogies. The award recognizes the community effort that’s gone into all this work.
Well done to all!