On a sunny but bitterly cold Sunday in Ruffy, the SRCMN held a revegetation information event for local landholders. The aim of the day was to get the attendees thinking about flora on their land and covered topics such as:
- The advantages of revegetating cleared land
- The different species of seeds available
- How to collect your own seed
- Where to buy seeds and saplings
- Different methods of planting
- Site preparation
- Tree protection
- Planning for climate change
- Available grants
A field walk was conducted by Janet and Justus Hagen at their property in Ruffy, before the group moved on to the Ruffy Community Centre for lunch, a short presentation and some further discussion.
It was fantastic to see such an wide array of attendees from such a variety of backgrounds.
Justus and Janet were a wealth of knowledge and left every attendee with a new understanding of the role of native trees on local properties.