Community Activities & Engagement
The project has undertaken a variety of community engagement activities since initial funding was announced. In reverse chronological order:
- Swanpool Environment Film Festival: Farm Wetlands for Woodlands – July 2013 Update
- Warrenbayne Streams and Wetlands Evening – June 20 2013
- Project Site Visits – Project Update March 2013
- Euroa Arboretum Wetland Construction Update Dec 2013
- Warrenbayne District Project Launch Oct 2012
- Swanpool District Project Launch Oct 2012
- Project EOI – Oct 2012
- Local project coordinators welcomed – Oct 2012
- From farm dams to healthy wetlands – Oct 2012
- Creating Healthy Farm Dams – landholder update – Oct 2012
- Creating Healthy Farm Dams; Info. leaflet – Aug 2012
- Initial project announcement – April 2012
‘Community building’ will be achieved by:
- Investing ownership of the project with the local community through a Project Steering Committee.
- Running a series of workshops and field days (information, education, training, planning) over the life of the two-year project.
- Collating relevant information and experience into a Community Wetland Information Pack.
- Making as much of the project as possible available on the web, from publicity to archiving project material.
- Developing community capacity to conduct remote fauna surveys and farm dam water quality assessment.